Customer service, hard work and attention to details are the keys to Chris Kopf’s satisfied clients. Chris was a second homeowner in Crested Butte for ten years prior to moving here full time with his wife Francene and their 3 teenage daughters. Chris spent 25 years in Texas where he had a successful career in sales and sales management in the technology industry, as well as being a business owner in a real estate and advertising company. Chris has earned numerous awards including Top Agent and the Coldwell Banker International President’s Elite award. Chris has also been designated as a Global Luxury Property Specialist by Coldwell Banker which are the top agents serving the luxury homes segment of the market. Chris is a golfer and a member of The Club at Crested Butte, an avid fly fisherman, and skier.
I have successfully completed the Elk Mountain Grand Traverse Ski Race from Crested Butte to Aspen with my brother, and I enjoy skinning-up the mountain in the early mornings and watch the sun come up – a great way to start the day
Credentials & Memberships
- Coldwell Banker Global Luxury Property Specialist designation
- Coldwell Banker International President Elite (top 1% of 73,000 Coldwell Banker Agents in North America)
- Coldwell Banker International Diamond Society & Diamond Society Award
- Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE®)
- Consistently Top Real Estate Agent in Crested Butte (#1 in 2014)
- Author: The Complete Guide to BUYING Your Mountain Dream Home – Quick and Easy Tips to Help You Purchase Your Vacation Home
- Author: The Complete Guide to SELLING Your Mountain Dream Home – Quick and Easy Tips to Help You Sell Your Vacation Home
- “Chris Kopf is a rising star within Coldwell Banker — among the top 1% of the 73,000 Coldwell Banker agents in North America.” —Chris Mygatt, President, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Colorado
- Honored as the #1 Agent in Crested Butte in 2014
- Ranked Among the Top 1% of 73,000 Coldwell Banker Agents in North America
Consistently a Top Producing Agent in Crested Butte
- Ranked #13 real estate agent in Colorado among all the Coldwell Banker agents
Consistently been the #1 Producing Agent for Coldwell Banker’s Crested Butte office
- In the top 2% of Coldwell Banker sales internationally (President’s Elite) multiple years
- Also ranked within the top 2% of real estate sales nationally for the past five years
- Earned Coldwell Banker Global Luxury Specialist designation
- Earned Institute for Luxury Home Marketing Awards – The Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist™ (CLHMS), and the Million Dollar GUILD™
- Earned the Certified Negotiation Expert designation
- Rotary -Member of Crested Butte / Mt. Crested Butte Rotary Club
- President Crested Butte / Mt. Crested Butte Rotary Club 2012-2013
- Mountain Express Board – 2 Year Term 2013 – 2014
- Supporter of the Crested Butte Community: Center for the Arts, Music Festival, Adaptive Sports, Rocky Mountain Biological Lab (RMBL), Tough Enough to Wear Pink, and many others..
My wife and I have worked with Chris over the past 6 years in searches for homes and land in Crested Butte and Gunnison County. Ultimately completing 2 purchases through Chris. His knowledge, but more impressively his passion for the Crested Butte/Gunnison Valley is unmatched. We will continue to use and recommend Chris for any future real estate investments in the Region.
In addition to being a really good guy, Chris has a very good handle on the current market as well as the history of of the many neighborhoods and little pockets in the Gunnison Valley. And that experience and historical perspective were extremely valuable when searching for the right place..
Chris was extremely easy to work with. He was able to show us exactly what we were looking for in a second home. From the search for condos, thru the offer and negotiating phase to closing day, Chris made everything flow smoothly. We have already recommended him to others!
Chris responded quickly and with professionalism to our many questions. Chris is very knowledgeable about the real estate market in Mt. Crested Butte. He was always polite and tried hard to meet our needs. We would highly recommend him to other folks wanting to sell a home.
My wife and I recently purchased a home Chris had listed that came on the market in our area we loved, we then had to list and sell our house quickly. Chris did an awesome job getting our house sold, keeping us updated on all the deadlines and negotiating the various details the seem to come up. We would highly recommend Chris and would absolutely list our next real estate transaction with him.
We chose Chris Kopf as the listing agent for our home for the following three reasons:
1. Chris has deep and broad knowledge of the Crested Butte valley real estate market as evidenced by his demonstrated success in the realtor business, and by the extensive research and analysis that goes into his monthly news letter to keep his clients informed.
2. Due to his marketing skills, Chris has access to potential local and out of state home buyers.
3. Chris is extremely personable and gracious. Our home in Meridian Lake Park subdivision sold in a few weeks due to the overall excellence of the listing and Chris’ home buyer client knowledge.
The entire process from initial discussions to closing was handled smoothly with minimum disruption or issue along the way for both us as the sellers, and for the new home owners.
If you are a seasoned home owner, or if you are new to the home buying or selling process, we highly recommend that you consider Chris Kopf as your real estate professional.
I have not met a more knowledgeable or harder working real estate agent than Chris Kopf in over 40 years of purchasing primary and second homes. No one knows the CB market better than Chris, his market research is unmatched, he is incredibly responsive, and he has a huge network of providers for all aspects of purchasing and living in CB.
We purchased a second home while living in NC, and our search was so well facilitated, it was like we lived locally. We would highly recommend Chris to anyone looking for a home in the Crested Butte area.
Simply the best realtor in this market (just look at his listings). Professionally handled all issues you would expect a broker to handle and many more that were out of an agent’s scope of services.
Chris was very responsive to our needs, but not pushy. He is really on top of the real estate market and worked hard, using open houses, newsletters and print ads to Sell our Crested Butte area home.
Chris is absolutely the most outstanding real estate broker in Crested Butte and the Gunnison Valley. He is extremely thorough and patient–it took us over a year to make a decision on the purchase of our home. Chris demonstrates the highest standards of professionalism–he is prompt, responds to all requests immediately and negotiated all aspects of our contracts with ease. Chris is very detail oriented and his service did not end when we signed the closing paperwork. He was in touch throughout the following month to make sure everything was going well and we were happy with the purchase of our home. I would not hesitate to recommend Chris to anyone I know looking to sell or purchase a home!
Sign up for CBMP newsletters to receive the latest real estate news, including market reports, selling tips and tools, and trends.